Did you know….
– Fossil records show that the human use of plants as medicine dates back 60,000 years ago (solecki et al., 1975)
– Plants and their derivatives represent of 50% of all drugs in clinical use
– 3.5 – 4 BILLION of the global population rely on plants for drugs (Farnsworth, 1988)
– Nearly 95% of plants used in traditional medicines are collected from forests and other natural sources.
– Almost half of the 25 top selling pharmaceuticals were either natural product or their derivatives (O’Neill, 1993)