Home Grown Edible Landscapes’ A Cook’s Garden schedules Grand Opening
Hope to see you there!
Click Chefs Garden Announcement to download and print flyer
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW INVITATION FOR REGISTRATION FOR THE CLASSES BELOW. CHECK BACK AS MORE REGISTRATIONS OPEN.
June Class Schedule
10:30 – noon
Sat • Jun 8 Intro to Organic Gardening
Sun • Jun 9 Get Your Summer Growing with your kids
Sat • Jun 15 Fertilizing Responsibly
Sun • Jun 16 Intro to Organic Gardening
Sat • Jun 22 Mastering Earth & Water
Sun • Jun 23 Who’s Eating Your Garden?
Sat • Jun 29 Intro to Edible Landscaping
Sun • Jun 30 How to Succeed at Seed Starting without even trying
See below for class details. All classes include a hands-on session in our garden AND a free Organiks® edible plant to take home from Armstrong Growers
- Introduction to Organic Gardening – A perfect class for the beginner or any level gardener who’d like a refresher on organic practice. Includes a tour of the garden.
- Fertilizing Responsibly: How & when to fertilize organically & protect the environment. You get a sample of organic fertilizer from EB Stone to take home.
- Mastering Earth & Water: Covers the elements of organic & sustainable soil management along with a discussion of drip irrigation with a demo working with the components of a drip system. Take home a sample of organic soil amendment from EB Stone.
- Get Your Summer Growing with Your Kids: Planning your summer garden. How to grow your family’s summer favorites and get the kids involved. Kids pot up their own clay pot to take home. ($10 materials fee)
- Who’s Eating Your Garden? – Organic Pest Control: A fun introduction to organic pest control. Includes a “pest safari” through our garden.
- Intro to Edible Landscaping: An introduction into the art of transforming a landscape into a beautiful and productive foodscape. You’ll pot up your own mini edible landscape to take home. ($15 materials fee)
- How To Succeed at Seed Starting Without Even Trying: Learn how to be your own nursery! Sow your own peat pot to take home. Get a sample of seed starting mix from EB Stone
Join our email list to receive notices when registration opens for these and future classes and events: http://bit.ly/eKGAlq
The Chef’s Garden is located at 1033 Abbot Kinney in Venice (across from Westminster Elementary)
Internships are available. Please go to http://www.groedibles.com/services/the-hgel-apprentice-program/ for more info and send your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org